Thursday, December 21, 2006

36 hours in-some observations.

Well things are getting settled here. We've been on a couple of rides, gone food shopping and used chop sticks. Pretty exciting I know. As we all know, excursions to other lands always reveal some interesting differences in everyday life and its rituals and habits. Here are a few of my favorites:

1) the pisser is the shitter is the shower. That's right, there's this little room in the bathroom that has this hole in the ground and a handheld shower head that so ingeniously accommodates your needs to take a leak, a pooh and to clean yourself. Now why didn't I think of that! It makes quite a bit of sense really. Thee's nothing like bending over to clean your feet and nearly putting your head in the hole that you just squatted over. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "shit shower and shave" if you know what I mean.

2) they drive on the left side of the road. Since I'm not driving on the road and only riding my bike on it with all the backwards-driving cars zooming around me I have nothing to worry about. Right?

3)food here so far is excellent except for that one little thing... Yes, it really is good and I like the style of bringing dishes to the table one by one. But about every 3rd dish or so my chopstick has nearly made contact when I realize I am about to pick up a whole ducks head or jelly fish tentacle. Wow.

That's it for now. Keep reading as the racing starts in a few days!
--
Thomas Bencivengo
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Tungsten Properties
13 Crosby St. Suite 304
New York, NY 10013
(917) 582-1979
(212) 937-4666 fax

www.tungstenproperties.com

No comments: