Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry f%@$ing Christmas!


So I'm one day into this thing and i've already trashed my brand new bike and put a road rash the size of a moo shoo pancake on my left ass cheek. Ah yes, I just had to squeeze in one more crash before years end. One would think the good lord would be in a better mood on the birthday of his one and only that he might lend a guiding hand as I leaned into that turn on the LAST lap. He could have blown his holy breath to dry the one and only wet spot on the entire course just before the turn but nooo. "You didn't go to midnight mass like all of the other good Catholics." I hear him saying in his booming god voice. Perhaps I should start using the capital "G" in his name when referring to "Him" because I may be doing it quite a bit in the next few weeks.

At any rate, enough complaining. Overall the race was fine. Real fast but manageble. It's obvious right off the bat who the players are. The Russians are fit (especially the one with the world champ stripes on his sleeves) and very aggressive as are the Aussies. The Hong Kong national team isn't so bad either. Stefan (perhaps I haven't introduced him. He's the german guy who's racing for us. Real strong and real nice. And he talks just like Arnold!) and I took turns trying to get off the front. We got in several moves each but ultimately it came back together before the finish (at least that's what they tell me. I was busy peeling myself off the curb.) The crash was my fault if it was anyone's at all. We came into turn two smooth but hot and there was just the smallest trickle of water across the road before the turn. It was enough to wet a section of my tire and render it useless as I leaned her over @ 30 mph. Oops. Well I'm off to fix my bike so enjoy the egg nog and don't eat too much turkey, I know for sure that I won't.
Tom

No comments: