Tuesday, December 26, 2006

"I'll have what he's having."

From now on I'm hitting the Chinese buffet line behind the boys from Moscow because they are laying down some cold war hurt! Today was a 20 lap circuit totaling 88k, so a little over 4k a lap. Man, all I know is one minute I'm squatting in this weird porta potty thing and the next thing I know I'm somewhere's in the first turn of the race riding a BREAKAWAY with a German, Russian and Danish guy. We had a 30 second gap in one lap and I was already seeing plaid like in the movie Spaceballs when they hit ludicrous speed. At any rate I cried uncle after about 2 laps and the rest of them were caught in the next 2 laps. There were many other moves which we were all a part of, most notably Stefan's 6 lap break towards the end of the race. it would have made it if not for it's fatal flaw: it lacked a CCCP representative leaving them all to chase rather than to block. Ah well. For more you can check out results and pics on www.cyclingnews.com. I'm off to bed.
--
Thomas Bencivengo
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Tungsten Properties
13 Crosby St. Suite 304
New York, NY 10013
(917) 582-1979
(212) 937-4666 fax

www.tungstenproperties.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I've always had such a high regard for wetspots!

Anonymous said...

TOMMY B!!! Thanks for the blog and for going into all the gory details--you know I like to ask about bodily functions while on the bike--how's that rash workin' out?

Cathy Elliott